When I Must Hire Workers’ Compensation Lawyer?
In case, you suffer from work injury then it can be devastating for you in many ways. You are injured and hence you are not in a position to work. As a result, you are worried about the income.
There are many steps in the process to file a claim for workers’ compensation, and unfortunately, many employers and also the insurance companies often may not provide workers all the benefits that they are entitled to, as per the law.
In order to ensure that your all rights are fully protected, you must contact immediately an attorney like Mr. Edward Singer, who is well-qualified and experienced in this field.
Following are few questions for which you must know proper answer:
- Can I myself represent in my workers’ compensation case?
It will not be advisable to represent by yourself in any workers’ compensation case, as your employer and also the insurance company will be represented by certain experienced lawyer, which will put you at disadvantage.
Even for moderately uncomplicated situations too, representing yourself is not recommended. Rather call an attorney for workers’ compensation and get free consultation about the case.
He can alert you about any potential pitfalls as well as provide you an honest opinion whether you should handle the case yourself.
- What will any workers’ compensation attorney do for me?
Your workers’ compensation lawyer will help you during every step of legal process and ideally, he must be contacted as soon as injury occurs.
You have got 120 days for reporting your injury from the injury date. You may lose certain benefits by not providing notice within the due date.
Also, you must meet few other deadlines for certain specific paperwork. Only an experienced workers’ compensation attorney will ensure all your rights. You need not pay any fee unless you win your case.
Besides, ensuring your entire paperwork meet all deadlines, the attorney also understands how your medical evidence must be documented in your favor.
Just relying on physicians who examine for all insurance companies can be common but a very costly error. Moreover, an attorney for workers’ compensation will accurately estimate actual value of the case.
- When will you need to hire workers’ compensation lawyer?
Following are few situations when you must hire a lawyer for workers’ compensation.
- If your employer/insurance company denies all your claim
- Approve your medical bills but deny your lost wages.
- Deny your claim due to lack of evidence about your injury
- Your employer asks for medical examination from Doctor of their preference
- Your employer tries to reduce your compensation benefits.
- Any third party is involved in the work injury.
- To get maximum benefits based on your case